Let’s start with a question!
Do you know what clothing fabric are you using right now?
Is it natural or artificial?
Well, like most of us if your answer is “don’t know”.Then this post is for you. To be honest, if you want to have the best comfort you should look for the good quality of fabrics. Only a good quality of fabric can give you the comfort that you always desire. But most of the time we go for style and look, trendy contemporary look, where the main factor we always miss is “fabric”, Only a comfortable look can pull up your look and best comforts come from the best quality of fabrics.
Clothing is that piece of material that stay closest to you whole long day. If that closed material doesn’t give you best comfort it’s not at all worthy.
“Luxury must comes with comfort otherwise it is not luxury” By Coco Chanel
We understand that fabric plays a vital role in comfort, that’s why in this article we will talk about everything that you need to know about clothing fabrics. so keep reading so that while you shop next time, you can choose the best fabric for yourself.
- Cotton Fabric
- Silk Fabric
- Wool Fabric
- Linen Fabric
- Leather Fabric
- Jute Fabric
- Hemp Fabric
- Velvet Fabric
- Chiffon Fabric
- Denim Fabric
- Crepe Fabric
- Georgette Fabric
- Satin Fabric
- Taffeta Fabric
- Brocade Fabric
- Polyester Fabric
- Viscose Fabric
- Chino Fabric
There are two type of fabric that we use, one if natural and another is artificial i.e human produced.
First, we will talk about Natural fabrics.
Cotton is most comfortable, popular and mostly use fabric in India. A gift of nature, cotton fabric is very soft and used to make both warm and summer clothing.
- At the summer days, If you are looking for best comfortable clothing, then cotton clothing are unreplaceable fabric.In a country like India, where most of the region suffer from the wild summer heat, cotton clothing plays a very significant role to give you comforts in high temperature and humidity. Most of the summer apparels are made of clothing because of its soft and comfortable quality of fabrics.
- While in the winter season, it does the opposite, A heavy cotton fabric apparel makes you warm on cold winter days. Winter clothing made by cotton are light weight and gives you real satisfaction.
Outcomes of Cotton Fabric: Sarees, Bedsheets, Towel, Pants, Kurta, Blouse, Salwar, Churidar, Tops, T-shirts and much more. Most of the clothing that you use from morning till night is made of cotton or blend cotton.
Silk fabric is one of the famous and common fabrics, that you can find on various clothing. Silk is widely used in India & Indian silk merchandises are uniquely valuable. This is one of the strongest material that grows in nature but used to produce soft and comfortable garments.
- Silk has more absorbable.
- During all hot summer season, silk fabric is one of the popular and comfortable fabric for you. It absorbs all the sweats easily during hot summer.
- During a cool season like winter when you are going to freeze than silk fabric helps to some come out from this type freeze. Yes, you also can wear silk fabric at winter season.
- There are so many silk fabrics available in the market like Georgette, Crepe, Noil, Pongee etc.
Outcomes of Silk Fabric: There so many things available in the market that is made of silk like sarees, blouse, churidar, tops, kurta, shirts or various types of outerwear.
Do you know most the winter clothing that you use is made of Wool fabric? Yes! Lions share winter clothing are made from woolen fabric. You will find amazing handmade and artificially both types of wool clothing that generally we use for winter. Carded from the sheep, Kashmiri goat, and from some other animals, It gives us a warm feeling in cold weathers.
- It’s long lasting and soft in nature.
- Wool is useful at summer season when everyone is burning the heat of nature then you can choose wool fabric for your outerwear like thin fabric is most useful in the summer season which absorbs all sweating of you quickly.
- At the Winter season when all are getting a freeze with the coldness of winter than wool gives you the main solution to save from coldness. Wool is the main fabric which is specially used for the winter season, Thick fabric are mostly useful to make your body warm.
- As it is highly resistive and absorbs moisture, in the winter it warm up your body quickly.
Outcomes of Wool fabric: There are especially winter season clothing are made from wool fabric like Sweater, blankets, home carpets etc.
Linen is the most useful, natural fabric which is one of the oldest durable fiber in this world. It gives you more comfort than others with its finest soft fibers made from nature.
- If you search for a natural feel with softness than linen is best for you. Because everyone wants to wear soft things for more comfort than choosing linen fabric for that.
- If you worry about to protect the summer hit at your body, searching more comfort at summer than choosing linen it makes your body cool by absorbing all the sweat from your body and make your body temperature at normal.
Outcomes with Linen fabric: So many items of clothing are made by linen and also various home decor items of clothing are also composed of linen.
The leather is another natural fabric that is made from an animal skin. Leather fabric is comparably little hard fabric and more comfortable flexible and soft in nature. Manufactured from various animals skins.
- At the season of coolness i.e winter when styling matters for you and also need some fabric which makes your body heat, leather is the best option for you.
- The leather is soft in nature and hard by a structure.
Outcomes with Leather Fabric: Various types of luxury clothing and regular useful items of clothing are made up from leather fabric. Like jacket, shoes, watch, belts, and many things.
Jute is found more easily in nature, this is long and soft natural fiber which is produced easily at low cost. Bangladesh is most popular out of the world to produce a good quality jute fiber but you can find jute production in some parts of India.
- We all love cheap and good quality fabrics, And jute is here to ensure the cheap price with high-quality products. Where all of the fabric prices is sailing high, jute clothing are manufactured at low cost,
- Jute is made with low maintenance charge.
Outcomes with Jute Fabric: Some handloom or handicrafts items of clothing are made up from jute fiber, home furnishing things are also made from jute fiber.
It is manufactured from marijuana plants, Hemp fabrics are soft in nature and
- When we talk about a comfortable natural wear than no doubt it’s a hemp fabric.
- It’s taking less time to produce rather than other fabric.
Outcomes with Hemp fabric: Some comfortable wear is made up from hemp fabric.
Now, we will look for artificial fabrics
It’s a very smooth fabric that regularly used by people in their daily life. Velvet is popular for its smooth surface. It is tufted woven fabric can be stretchable and make comfortable wear for you. It’s made up of cotton or polyester.
- When your mind looks up for a gorgeous look with smooth touch or like some glossy look then going for a velvet fabric which gives you all the features.
- There was a famous quote i.e “Velvet touch” i.e it has a smooth surface where you can find a soft touch.
Outcomes with velvet fabric: with have low or medium weight suitable material for a t-shirt, saree, kurta, jersey, and tops.
Chiffon is very light weight some stretchable or rough surface which made up of silk, polyester or some synthetic material.
- When we talk about a comfort than light weight is one of the factors which gives you more comfort than others, yes chiffon is the fabric having light weight and gives you and worldwide a comfortable wear.
- Chiffon fabric is very thin which makes you more comfort.
Outcomes with chiffon fabric: You can wear saree, blouse, tops and so many things made by chiffon. Chiffon fabric image is also shown here.
When we talk about style and trends to come up with the best outfit, it’s all about denim fabric. Its give you the best outfit to catch up a trendy look. Denim is little hard and rough fabric that is specially used for jeans. Denim is mostly cotton fabric little thin and some synthetic for stretching.
- Denim is comparable heavyweight from other fabric as well.
- Denim is also available in light weight and thin size for some upper wear.
- It has a good quality of stretching from others.
Outcomes with Denim Fabric: Some Kurti, gown, suits are also made up from denim. Denim fabric image is also shown here.
Crepe is one of the most useful artificial fabric which mad by the human being. Crepe is a plain weave fabric made up of cotton, silk, wool, rayon or polyester which have rough and crispy surface. Thick crepe is more easy to use rather than a thin crepe.
- Cotton is the most comfortable fabric of the entire whole nation, as same as silk, wool, rayon are giving you the same comfort than crepe is made up off all these so it gives you more comfort.
- Basically, we see thin fabrics are more comfortable to wear but when we talk about crepe than thick crepe is more comfortable
Outcomes with crepe: Crepe is using for several like dresses, sarees, tops, suits etc. If you want to look trendy than go for crepe fabric.
Georgette is sheer, lightweight fabric have highly twisted yarns, basically it’s made up of silk or another georgette is made up of rayon and polyester 1st type is called pure georgette which is made up of silk and another is called Faux georgette fabric which made up of rayon and polyester.
- When we talk about flexible fabric than names comes up georgette, yes georgette is very easy t handle and flexible in nature, which gives you more reliable wear, that’s why people more uses the georgette fabric.
- Georgette is easy to wash that may be machine or handwash.
Outcomes with georgette fabric: The demand of georgette things on the market are very high, varieties types of inner and outerwear are made up of georgette fabric like commonly used in sarees and boat neck blouses, kurtas, tops and much more are made up of georgette.
Satin fabric has a glossy surface which makes it more attractive. Comparably satin is rich fabric with softening surface feelings. Satin is made up of basically silk either silk and polyester.
- When comes your royalty and trends to you then it’s mandatory to look like royal, but a question is which types of fabric gives you the look and answer are satin fabric gives you the same look that you really wants.
- Satin fabric is sleepy and quite smooth in nature which gives you more comfort wearing.
Outcomes with Satin fabric: It’s also used for making some bedsheets and used for making nightgowns, women’s lingerie, sportswear and much more.
Taffeta fabric is a crisp and smooth fabric that is used for especially wedding gowns or some interior decoration item.
- If you are on the occasion of marriage than also you have to think about all dresses of a wedding and also you have to see one comfortable fabric for your dresses then going for a taffeta fabric.
- Taffeta is giving you a smooth touch also.
Outcomes with Taffeta fabric: Thin taffeta is called some paper taffeta, basically, taffeta fabric is made up of silk or polyester having reliable in nature. Taffeta is made up of silk or cuprammonium rayon which is crispy woven.
Brocade fabric is a shuttle-woven fabric which is made up of silk, polyester and sometimes golden, silver threads. It makes woven by draw loom which can clean by sometimes handwash and for sometimes only dry clean.
- Brocade is specially used for home decorating things.
- Some types of clothing are also made from brocade.
Outcomes with Brocade fabric: Brocade fabric is used for some types of decorative clothing and used for some types of outerwear like kurta, tops etc.
Polyester is another fabric that is made artificially,
- Polyester fabric is mostly used for all types clothing.
- You can wear polyester both season summer or winter, but winter is preferable for you.
- Polyester fabric has a good quality of flexible and wrinkle free.
- With mixed polyester there are so many fabrics are born.
Outcomes with Polyester Fabric: Polyester is one of the common material that used for most of the clothing like sarees, churidar, kurta, blouse, salwar and much more.
Viscose fabric is one most favorite fabric from fabric family. Made by humans, this fabric is widely used in daily useful products.
- Viscose is smooth and soft in nature.
- You can wear viscose fabric at winter as same as summer.
Outcomes with viscose fabric: It’s especially used for sarees, churidar, jackets, tops and so many outerwear and also used for lining material the embroidery work is also more suitable for viscose fabric.
Chino fabric is widely used for making trousers and other items of clothing which is built mainly from cotton fabric. It’s very soft and comfortable to use in summer and winter both season.
- Chino is used widely for pants.
- Chino gives the more comfortable pants than others.
Outcomes with Chino fabric: Chinos are made up from chino fabric.
These all are a special fabric which is used in maximum types of items of clothing like dresses, sarees, tops, churidar, kurta, kurta, shirt, pants, jeans, blouse, jacket, coat, innerwear and all types of outerwear which are used by the human being from morning to night.
Fabric that Values Human Being
Fabrics are the most important to any designer to design the best clothings, Without a good quality of fabric no value of higher designs. So fabric plays an important role for a fashion designer, for shoppers, for those conscious people who never compromise with quality.
Hopefully, you got enough information about fabrics, Here we mentioned only those fabric which is commonly used, but there are lot’s more fabrics are there which we use as a blend of fabrics.